Thursday, March 5, 2009
BACK IN TIME
I wish that I had pictures to share with this post, but I didn't take my camera. Last weekend was the 3A State Basketball Tournament and both the Emery girls and boys teams made it to the tournament. My dad came up with my sisters and brother to go the the games and attend some meetings. We made it a family event and attended all of the games. The girls played in the championship game and lost by one point. It was a heart breaker!! They should have won. They out played Wasatch, but they quit running their offense in the last few minutes of the game. Wasatch played great defense. Anyway, the reason for the post. It took me back in time to be there watching the students, listening to the band, being with the crowds. I saw several people that I went to school with, some had grown up and matured, others still acted like they were in high school and were even found flirting with high school boys--totally hilarious and yet a little disturbing, a 33 year old hitting on a 17 year old. I really enjoyed being there and feeling the school spirit again. It was fun to watch Justyn get into the game. I had to reserve myself to make sure I was setting a good example. :) I have often wondered if I would do anything different if I had the chance to go back. I am not sure that I would. Anyway, reflection is good for the soul!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS
- BUCKET LIST TO VISIT: Matzatlan, Mexico; Yosemite; Paris, France; Venice, Italy; Athens, Greece; Pyramids of Egypt; Sydney, Australia; Mt. Rushmore; Chuirch History Sites; Boston; New York;
- PLACES I HAVE VISITED-THAT I WANT TO VISIT AGAIN: India, Hawaii, Canada, Orlando, San Diego,
- RESTAURANTS: Olive Garden, Sizzler, The Mandarin,
- MOVIES: Twilight Saga, The Lord of the Ringd Trilogy, Indiana Jones 2-4, Anna and the King, You've Got Mail, The Mummy Series, Harry Potter Series, Under the Tuscan Sun, The Wedding Date, Elf, The Christmas Story, The Grinch
- SEASON: Fall, I love the crisp smell and all the colors
- BOOKS:Anythig by Anita Stansfield, Rachel Nunes, Maricia McClure,Stephenie Meyer, Harry Potter Serie
1 comment:
Our local basketball team was knocked out in their first game and it made me so sad. It also brought back all the memories of riding on a bus to watch the team play when we were in high school. Those were fun times!
Post a Comment